What we’re looking for
We need a passionate Applications Development Engineer who can take on the challenge of assessing existing enterprise applications in light of a cloud migration. You’ll be a guiding light for customers, resolving complex architecture software development issues and acting as a trusted technical advisor.
How you’ll impact
Stepping into the role of AppDev Engineer at CNTXT means you’ll be at the forefront of the shift towards a cloud-based future. Your expertise in application design will be crucial in guiding customers through a smooth cloud migration, and your role will involve classifying applications and proposing innovative rewrite approaches to accommodate cloud-native products like Google Kubernetes Engine.
Your role goes beyond just the overhaul, however. You’ll also focus on application scaling, reliability, and the fine-tuning of operations, ensuring feature rollouts are executed seamlessly, and applications are monitored effectively. Working alongside our Product Management and Product Engineering teams, you’ll drive excellence in our products — ensuring our customers experience only the best.
What you’ll do
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers, solving complex architecture software development challenges.
- Recommend approaches and estimated effort for application migration and modernization programs.
- Design, build,and deploy cloud Java, Python or C++ applications on Google Cloud Platform.
- Maintain the highest levels of development practices in technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution.
- Write clean, modular and self-sustaining code with repeatable quality and predictability.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences and other related events as required.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in web applications development.
- Experience programming in Java, Python, Web Services (e.g., RESTful, SOAP), SQL, API development, and systems integration.
- Experience in client-facing projects, troubleshooting with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in DevOps pipelines and release management.
- Experience refactoring monolithic applications to microservices, APIs and/or serverless models.
- Experience with unit or automated testing tools.
- A track record of architecting, deploying developing software, or internet scale production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments such as Google Cloud Platform or other public clouds.
- Ideally, you’ll have experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Implementing, customizing and/or integrating third-party applications within business enterprise software is preferred.
- Experience in ERP, supply chain, application integration and /or ML/AI is a plus for this role, so tell us about your experience when you apply.
APPLY FOR ROLE
OTHER AVAILABLE POSITIONSAll Careers
Senior Cloud Project Manager
As a Senior Project Manager at CNTXT, you will manage and direct the development and implementation of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) based projects.
Cloud Customer Engineer (Apigee)
As a Cloud Customer Engineer at CNTXT, you will help customers choose the right tools to solve their problems and create the solutions that will help them keep growing.
Get in touch
There are many ways of “doing cloud” but not all of them will future-proof your business. We can devise an approach that will. Talk to us today – you have nothing to lose but the guesswork.Contact Us