About the position
As a Cloud Applications Development (AppDev) Engineer at CNTXT, you will you will work with customers to assess existing Enterprise applications in anticipation of a cloud migration by providing application design expertise, assessing and classifying applications and application platforms, and proposing rewrite approaches to facilitate deployment to cloud native products like Google Kubernetes Engine. You will work with customers on application re-design and implementation including application scaling, reliability, and ongoing operations such as application and feature rollouts, monitoring, and more. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products. In addition, you will support customer application assessment and implementation of Google Cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, application development, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
What you'll do
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex architecture software development challenges.
- Recommend approaches and estimated effort for application migration and modernization programs.
- Design, build, and deploy cloud Java, Python or C++ applications on Google Cloud Platform.
- Maintain highest levels of development practices (e.g., technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution).
- Write clean, modular, and self-sustaining code with repeatable quality and predictability.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web applications development.
- Experience programming in Java, Python, Web Services (e.g., RESTful, SOAP), SQL, API development, and systems integration
- Experience in client-facing projects, troubleshooting with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in DevOps pipelines, and release management
- Experience refactoring monolithic applications to microservices, APIs, and/or serverless models.
- Experience with unit or automated testing tools.
- Experience architecting, deploying developing software, or internet scale production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments such as Google Cloud Platform or other public clouds.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases is preferred.
- Experience with implementing, customizing and/or integrating third-party applications within business enterprise software is preferred.
- Experience in ERP, Supply Chain and Application integration is a plus.
- Experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence is a plus.