About the position
As a Data Engineer at CNTXT, you will design, develop and implement data infrastructure and best-in-class pipelines that collect, connect, centralize and curate data from various internal and external data sources. You will ensure that architectures support the needs of the business, and recommend ways to improve data reliability, availability & efficiency. You will be working with the leading open Industrial DataOps platform Cognite Data Fusion (CDF) and modern Cloud technologies.
What you'll do
- Partner with Solution Architects to understand client requirements and define data extraction methods and queries with subject matter experts
- Develop custom extractors using backend technologies and languages (i..e Python, Spark, Rest APIs)
- Customize existing extractors i.e. database extractor using SQL, event streaming using Kafka and deploy using Docker
- Create custom data models for data discovery, mapping, and cleansing
- Collaborate with product development to turn customer needs into potential product offerings
- Prototype data visualization and dashboards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in O&G, Power & Utilities and/or Manufacturing is required
- 3+ years of experience Data intense role
- Experience in the data management domain, including data modeling, analysis, quality, data lineage, and data security
- Experience with data processing software and data processing algorithms.
- Experience in working with/on data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytic tools, environments, and data structures
- Experience with developing infrastructure as code and the DevOps discipline is a plus
- Experience with Containerization & Cloud-native tools (i.e, Docker, Kubernetes) and Public/Hybrid Cloud technologies (i.e. Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS)
- Ability to work on both internal and external client-facing projects and communicate with key stakeholders
- Direct experience in Big Data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning as well as experiences in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (such as SQL/NoSQ, Spark, BigQuery) is a plus.