The General Counsel oversees and manages the provision of all legal services to the company to ensure maximum protection of its legal rights and to maintain its operations within the limits prescribed by law. Compliance with legal requirements and for enforcing the Company’s legal rights in any geographical or functional area.
Provides strategic guidance, consultation, and support to the officers of the company and other members of upper management on a comprehensive range of legal and associated issues involved in carrying out the mission of the Company.
Reviewing and writing various internal legal contracts, negotiating and managing client and vendor contracts and ensuring legal compliance regarding employee safety and Company’s operations and financial affairs.
What you'll do
- Provides the Company’s management with advice, assistance and opinions regarding legal matters under consideration.
- Directly supervises all legal matters pertaining to all functional areas.
- Prepares and issues legal opinions and advice to the Company’s management on current or potential legal issues involving such fields as joint venture matters, taxes, corporate law, contracts, and antitrust matters, etc.; and reviews, analyzes and comments upon draft opinions and advice prepared by others subordinate counsels.
- Reviews, analyzes, and advises the Company’s management on current and proposed legislation, treaties, and governmental regulations and legal developments which pertain to the Company’s operations.
- Participates as advisor to the Company’s management in the negotiation of contracts with others.
- Prepares, supervises the preparation of, or reviews contracts, agreements, powers of attorney, corporate resolutions, delegations of authority, general instructions, letters, and other documents and papers of legal significance.
- Supervises outside counsel and, as appropriate, participates in the conduct of trials, hearings, appeals, arguments; prepares briefs, interrogates witnesses; and collects and evaluates evidence in proceedings before courts and quasi-judicial or investigatory bodies.
- Maintains liaison with outside counsel, prepares statements of fact and law in matters for their consideration, and reviews or implements their opinions and recommendations.
- Participates in the activities of professional and technical legal societies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Develops and manages all budgets associated with the GC function.
- Juris Doctorate degree (JD) or equivalent, from accredited law school.
- Twelve (12) Years of diversified practice with a law firm or the law department of a business firm or organization.
- Proficient legal experience in a wide range of contracts, human resources and Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Arabic/English)
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality
- Capacity to exercise sound, independent judgment in a variety of legal fields. Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.