About the position
As a Senior Cloud Architect at CNTXT, you will be responsible for developing/engineering cloud solutions based on Google Cloud Platform to support the company clients located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and help them transform their business through cloud architecture solutions. Additionally, the Senior Cloud Architect will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery. You will assist engagement teams through the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, deliver quality client solutions, and communicate progress to client engagement teams.
This position requires strong leadership and team-building skills, and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals. You are expected to interface with peers in the other departments to meet customer requirements.
What you'll do
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-cloud, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud service
- Develop high level and low-level solution documentation
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners.
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
- Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years overall experience in IT industry, and 5+ as a cloud architect
- Implementation Experience with at least one of the major public cloud providers: GCP, AWS, and/or Azure.
- Experience with VMWare enterprise implementations
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Google Cloud Architect or equivalent certifications