As a Software Engineer, you are expected to work extensively with our customers and help them with all parts of creating valuable end-to-end solutions. This includes developing user interfaces, data pipelines, and backend services to support solutions with additional functionality.
You will work with clients and partners to implement the data management pipeline for the robot during its inspection rounds and create machine learning models to contextualize and analyze incoming data automatically.
You will also be part of the robot deployment in the industrial environments, setting the robot into operations for data collection.
You will work closely on implementing use cases for the Boston Dynamics Spot robot used for autonomous inspections of industrial assets.
This position is an excellent opportunity for those who like to be customer-facing but also enjoy being hands-on with robots and programming.
What you'll do
- Build minimum-viable-products, proof-of-concept, and pilot projects for customers
- Robotic use case development in collaboration with the customer and implementing solutions for handling them
- Integrate robots with Google Cloud and Cognite Data Fusion for data management, contextualization, and analytics.
- Create machine learning models for automatically handling data collected from robots
- Develop UI and backend software together with a cross-functional team of solution builders to deliver on customer projects.
- Contribute to building reusable software components that accelerate future development of solutions for the company
- Hold training courses for operating and safely use the Boston Dynamics Spot.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Cybernetics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in technical sales, engineering, or equivalent experience in customer-facing roles.
- Experience with remotely operating robots on the ground, in the air, or underwater.
- Experience with data processing software and data processing algorithms.
- Experience writing software in Python and using it for data processing and machine learning, and developing and utilizing computer vision models
- Experience with Linux machines and comfortable using the command line for basic operations.
- Experience with deploying and managing containerized applications using Docker
- knowledge on configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Arabic/English)
- Valid driving license for car.