About the position
As a Solution Architect in a customer-facing project, you will work directly with key customers, field sales, delivery, and product development teams. You will use your technical competencies to help to lead our industrial customers in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to increase productivity, profitability, reduce environmental impact and reduce costs.
A successful candidate for this role has 5+ years relevant experience from a similar position. You must be highly organized, thorough, and communicate well with all stakeholders.
You have a passion for technology and “how things work”. You will work in a technology-intensive environment and be challenged on solving problems in unexplored territory. You should be comfortable and interested in detailed technical design and code behavior.
You will be working with the leading open Industrial DataOps platform Cognite Data Fusion (CDF) and modern Cloud technologies.
What you'll do
- Responsible for end to end solution design and leading teams of technical experts towards successful solution delivery
- Provide technical expertise and support for customers and the customer-facing project teams. Provide guidance and find solutions that enable customers’ business use-cases
- Define complete solution architecture, including integration, data models, and data ingestion pipelines, as well as user-facing solutions
- Ensure operational responsibility and support agreements for the delivered solutions
- Train partners and internal teams in your area of specialization, including the creation of training materials, modeling guidelines, and best-practices
- Independently work with and manage integration, data modeling, and similar activities using data connectors, SQL, Python/Java, Rest APIs and business intelligence tooling
- Collaborate with our Engineering and Product Management teams to turn customer needs into a prioritized pipeline of product offerings
- Define reference architectures and work with software engineers in the internal enablement team
- Support pre-sales with technical expertise and seamless transfer to the delivery phase
- For the customer-facing roles, you must be willing to travel
- 5+ years experience as an application/data/solution/enterprise architect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in O&G, Power & Utilities and/or Manufacturing is required
- Consulting experience that allows you to confidently negotiate requirements with customers and colleagues is a plus
- Have experience with enterprise integration, customer relationships or IT integration design
- Data and analytics project experience and able to confidently lead an implementation
- Broad technical expertise in the data management domain, including data modeling, analysis, quality, data lineage, and data security
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools and enterprise analytics stacks (Power BI or similar)
- Familiarity with SQL and big data tooling (such as SQL/NoSQ, Spark, BigQuery)
- Experience with a public cloud, preferably Google Cloud Platform, including familiarity with network security concepts, identity providers and application hosting
- Experience with operations, including support and change control, as well as experience architecting centralized monitoring, logging and reporting