About the position
As a Cloud Customer Engineer at CNTXT, you will help customers choose the right tools to solve their problems and create the solutions that will help them keep growing. Additionally, you are expected to listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer and assist fellow sales by problem-solving technical issues. You will liaise with various teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products. You will engage with customers to understand their requirements and persuasively present solutions on Google Cloud. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
What you'll do
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share experience to support the technical relationship with customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and engage with other colleagues to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work directly with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical sales, engineering, or equivalent experience in customer-facing roles.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in virtualization and/or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with cloud computing (including cloud market and competitive dynamics) and performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- Technical sales experience in the fields of cloud computing, data, information lifecycle management, and Big Data is preferred.
- Experience with an infrastructure-as-code tool (e.g. HashiCorp Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Ability to address DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Load Balancing, VPN and VPC and working knowledge of Linux is a plus.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable and secure distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, and/or Big Data technologies (e.g., SQL Server, Postgres, Spark, Hadoop, other Open Source) is a plus.
- Experience in advanced areas of networking, including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, and application acceleration is a plus.
- Ability to define a technical migration roadmap to the cloud is a plus.